Friday, April 22, 2016

What I Learned from Student-Created Learning Taxonomies

My assignments are often inspired by things I learn about from my Personal Learning Network (PLN), and this particular assignment is inspired by several people. The assignment I recently gave my students (who are largely freshmen learning about educational game design as part of a core curriculum course on creativity) is to develop their own learning taxonomy, in any shape or form, with any items that they feel are important to their learning. 

The idea of the assignment was inspired by a an activity Sean Michael Morris created where we hacked (well re-thought) Bloom’s Taxonomy during the recent #MOOOCMOOC Instructional Design. It was also partly inspired by Amy Collier’s keynote here at Digital Pedagogy Cairo (recorded here) which referred to a recent presentation by Gardner Campbell using a taxonomy of engagement which focused on love. 

Read more here...

No comments:

Post a Comment